Dear 2020. We miss the outdoors. We dream of outdoors. Even when outdoors, we imagine doorways that lead to more outdoors. Dear 2020, double 20 you, you sure have been more than double the trouble, and we can’t wait to leave you behind. Something new’s got to be right there, right over that threshold.
Watch us step over and never look back.
Welcome to issue 11, our first double issue. Take it away, double 1!
- For Weightlessness - by Alexandra Apuzzo
- Mango Season - by Anitha Ahmed
- The Same Street Twice - by Benj Hewitt
- Gladys Newbie - by Betty Martin
- Inland Story - by Christopher Wood
- The Devil Aside - by Daniella DiMaggio
- Sofia Needed to Cry - by Jamaluddin Aram
- What We Found Inside the Whale - by Jared Green
- Shelf Life - by Kyra Simone
- Honeymoon 2002 - by Christina Socorro Yovovich
- 2K20 - by Edward Little
- What the Body Remembers - by Helen Whybrow
- The City of Broken Saints - by Ranbir Sidhu
- No Visible Bruises: Rachel Louise Snyder on domestic violence - by Lavonne Elaine Roberts
- My Dad Wants to Convince Me He Isn’t Getting High Anymore - by Anthony Aguero
- Anthropocene - by Becca Carson
- Home - by Bill Rasmovicz
- Notes from SHOAH: Two Poems - by Brad Buchanan
- Two Poems by David Allen Sullivan - Found in the Dictator’s Desk // Calculations
- Flightless - by Hatcher Grey
- Routine - by Holly Kelso
- In Translation: Two Poems by Julio Monteiro Martins - trans. Donald Stang & Helen Wickes
- Until Further Notice - by Kim Ellingson
- mechanical soft - by Laurel Szymkowiak
- Dispersal of Want - by Mary Helen Callier
- After a Disappointing Gallery Opening - by Sam Reichman
- Moncada Barracks - by Tiara Dinevska-McGuire
- Saxophone - by Will Russo
“Doorway to 2021.” Photograph by SV Bertrand
ISSN 2643-3273. Copyright © Cagibi Literary LLC.
Features from Cagibi Express
- Postcard from Oregon (Monday, January 11, 2021) - by Kira Smith
- Thank You, Karen Arnold (Tuesday, December 29, 2020) - by Kristen Gaerlan
- Return to Sender: Postcard from Tbilisi (Tuesday, November 17, 2020) - by Kyra Simone
CAGIBI publishes four digital issues a year. Submissions are open, and editors are reading.