A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- Rooftop - by Nick Anstett
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Visual Art: Get Away (video) - by Shura Chernozatonskaya
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi