A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- Visual Art: Get Away (video) - by Shura Chernozatonskaya
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- Rooftop - by Nick Anstett
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
Cagibi Issue 2
Browse Cagibi Issues