A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Get Away: A Video Poem - by Shura Chernozatonskaya (aka Skaya)
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Rooftop - by Nic Anstett
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Italy - by Michael Poage
Cagibi Issue 2
Browse Cagibi Issues