A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- Visual Art: Get Away (video) - by Shura Chernozatonskaya
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Rooftop - by Nick Anstett
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya