A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- Rooftop - by Nick Anstett
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Visual Art: Get Away (video) - by Shura Chernozatonskaya
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet