A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
- Rooftop - by Nick Anstett
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- Get Away: A Video Poem - by Shura Chernozatonskaya (aka Skaya)
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
Cagibi Issue 2
Browse Cagibi Issues