A cagibi is a place where things are often gathered pell-mell, which comes from the French word pêle-mêle, a state of affairs characterized by the random mixing of things, a chaotic state of affairs that also opens the door to unexpected discovery. In that spirit, we encourage you to skip around the contents of Cagibi Issue 2, to discover a work of prose or poetry you’d like to sink down into. We expect it will stay with you, and we hope you’ll be inspired to share it.
Our Letter from the Editors lists the contents alphabetically by the contributor’s first name. Here, it’s a random list. You can reload the page in your browser for a fresh random list.
- The Relief - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- The Inside Room (book excerpt) - by Lisa Andrews, from her forthcoming poetry collection, The Inside Room
- Two Figures on a Boat - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Music for the People in the Shadows - by Beatriz L. Seelaender
- Salt - by Joseph LoGuidice
- White Knuckles and Broken Cars - by Lexi Vranick
- Siren Song - by M.J. Tenerelli
- Four Poems by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr. - The Missing of the Great War // But You Knew This // Inverted Maps // The Relief
- Would You Like a Parable with Your Coffee? Postcard from Woody Point - by Richard LeBlond
- Map - by Cathleen Cohen
- Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- J.H.O. Djurhuus - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Postcard from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina - by Michael Poage
- The Colosseum, Rome - by Michael Poage
- But You Knew This - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence - by Michael Poage
- Spellbinding Monotony: Postcard from Provincetown - by Richard LeBlond
- I Want to Believe - by Cyndy Cendagorta
- Three Poems by Michael Poage - The Colosseum, Rome // Mass, San Carlo Church, Florence // Italy
- A Letter from Špindlerův Mlýn - by Seth Rogoff
- Friends of Mr Mu - by Philip Keenan
- Turning Up Shadows - by Jem Patrick Moore
- A Test I Knew I Could Pass - by Kim Magowan and Michelle Ross
- Crossing Pleasure Avenue (book excerpt) - by Karen Hildebrand, from her forthcoming poetry collection, Crossing Pleasure Avenue
- A Bit of Her Baraka: Interview with Translator Rachael Small - by Cagibi
- Who is Antonia Pozzi? Translation and Introduction by Amy Newman - Shame // Sickbed Thoughts // Shipwrecks // Fallow Deer
- On Writing: Big D.A.T.A. Techniques for Creating Characters on the Page - by Joseph Salvatore
- In Translation: Three Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum - J.H.O. Djurhuus | Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa | Sixteen Years // Sekstan Ár
- aurora - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- Italy - by Michael Poage
- Hurricane Season - by Michelle Lizet Flores
- Get Away: A Video Poem - by Shura Chernozatonskaya (aka Skaya)
- On Memory With No Devices - by Mary Margaret Alvarado
- Three Poems by Joseph O. Legaspi - aurora // Two Figures on a Boat // Unpunctuated Sonnet
- Unpunctuated Sonnet - by Joseph O. Legaspi
- The Bees - by Kenneth J. Pruitt
- Seventeen Reasons I Slept in a Bathtub on a Thursday Night - by Emma A. Hill
- Rooftop - by Nic Anstett
- It Is the Breath That Spins the Living - by Edytta A. Wojnar
- Up the Road With a Hen in the Basket - by Tatiana Bonch-Osmolovskaya
- The Missing of the Great War - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- the accidental portrait - by Rachel Nicholls
- Inverted Maps - by Elizabeth T. Gray, Jr.
- Empty Stairs // Tóm Trappa - by Jóanes Nielsen, trans. Matthew Landrum
- Little Parrots - by Kevin Richard Kaiser
Cagibi Issue 2
Browse Cagibi Issues